The Student Affairs Office (SAO) works to support and enhance Masdar Institute students’ well-being and to create opportunities to enrich and broaden their educational experience.
The services we offer include:
- Student Development and Support
- Residential Life Assistance
- Administrative Support
- Solving problems related to adjustment to university and residential life, relationships with others (peers, teachers, and university staff), academic difficulties, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Developing student skills related to studying, decision making, conflict resolution, stress management, learning styles, time management, creative thinking, and discovering their own personality styles.
- Student Orientation
- Student Events and Activities
- Career Services
- Crisis Management
- Health Awareness Programs
- Student Clubs
- Organization of Awards Ceremonies
- Alumni Services
- Cultural and Community Development Programs
- Coordination of Sports and Recreation events
- Supporting the Student Government Association
The Student Affairs Office at Masdar Institute organizes a variety of student clubs, including:
Masdar Institute’s Music Club was set up to cater to both musicians and music enthusiasts. The club provides an opportunity for students to attend concerts and learn more about ethnic music through informative presentations and discussions. The club also arranges weekly performances by musicians at both indoor and outdoor venues throughout the Masdar Institute campus. Budding musicians may also take advantage of the piano lessons provided by the club to interested students throughout the academic year (Please note that the availability of piano lessons are dependent on the number of interested students).
The Sustainability Club at Masdar Institute was set up to increase awareness of sustainability among students. The club has seven active members who organize events and promote awareness of sustainability on campus. Over 50 students have participated in events organized by the club to date.
Previous activities organized by the club include: the screening and discussion of two sustainability-related documentaries, and regular meetings where members deliberate on how best to promote sustainability and a sustainable lifestyle at Masdar Institute.
Engineers Without Borders
Masdar Institute’s Engineers Without Borders club helps disadvantaged communities worldwide while giving students hands-on experiences in practical engineering projects, in keeping with Masdar Institute’s motto of “Learning to Change the World”.
Masdar Institute’s YELA club was created to give Masdar Institute’s students the opportunity to authentically apply their technical knowledge and expertise to practical experiences. Members of the YELA Club work with their hands to fulfill dreams they have about machines they want to build. The YELA Club participates in various events and projects that position Masdar Institute as a center of excellence while creating links and interdisciplinary cooperation with other universities and industry. It also provides members incentives and opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills.
- Football Club
- Basketball Club
- Volleyball Club
- Cricket Club
- Table-Tennis Club
- Badminton Club
- Dragon Boat Club
Student Affairs Office Staff
Director Student Affairs Office
Senior Student Affairs Officer
Student Affairs Officer
Student Affairs Officer
You can contact the SAO via the Reception Desk: 02-8109427