Post‐Doctoral Research Fellowship in Integrated Design of Wind Power System (Job Code: EPE-PD092102)
Applicants are invited for the position of Post‐Doctoral Research Fellow as part of a joint research project between the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The project’s Principal Investigators are: Professor James Kirtley, MIT, and Dr. Mohamed Shawky, Masdar Institute and MIT.
The project, titled “Novel Control Strategies for Smart Grid Interface with high penetration of Wind Power Generation;” aims to develop smart grid interface topologies and control strategies for high penetration of large scale wind parks. The project will identify the new topologies that will allow more penetration of wind power generation with ensuring the system reliability, security and stability. Further, the project introduces novel configurations and control strategies for different wind turbine/Wind Park technologies for enhancing the fault ride through capability and transient stability margin. The Research Fellow will work on both the theoretical and experimental part of the project. Our research is function oriented on relevant industrial development and applications focusing on new wind turbine configurations, system integration, transient management schemes, wind farms, electrical components, grid connection and large-scale wind energy penetration. The successful candidate will be mainly based in the Masdar Institute campus in Abu Dhabi, but will also work with the MIT team.
- Background in wind turbine and wind power plant technology and control
- Knowledge of the wind turbine electrical concepts and control
- Knowledge of the wind turbine mechanical structure and characteristics
- Proven programming skills for analytical and modeling purposes, e.g. Matlab. PSCAD and PSS/E
- Fluency in communicating, reading and writing English
- Applicant’s name and contact information
- Curriculum vitae
- Statements of research and teaching interests
- An application letter describing the applicant’s current position and how his/her experience matches the position requirements
- Email contact information for at least three references.