This policy outlines the ways in which Masdar Institute may collect and use your personal information. The policy will also outline your rights and responsibilities in respect to this information.
This policy applies to any user that uses Masdar Institute websites under the domain *.masdar.ac.ae and www.stahy2014.org (referred to as the ‘Site’) and to Masdar Institute mobile application, mobile web and its related services (together referred to as the “Mobile App”).
- Personal identification information
Masdar Institute may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, use Masdar Institute Mobile App in connection with other activities, services, features or resources Masdar Institute makes available on the Site or Mobile App. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information.
Masdar Institute will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site or Mobile App activities.
- Non-personal identification information
Masdar Institute may also collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with Masdar Institute Site or Mobile App. This may include information about the computer or mobile device (such as type of computer, device identifier, hardware model, operating system version, IP address, phone number, and browser name), the websites and content accessed or interacted with, and other similar information.
- Web browser Cookies
- Use of collected information
Masdar Institute may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: This helps Masdar Institute respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience: Masdar Institute may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site or Mobile App.
- To process payments: Masdar Institute may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. Masdar Institute does not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service. All credit/debit card details and personally identifiable information will not be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties except to the extent necessary to complete the payment transaction.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics Masdar Institute considers to be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails and notifications: Masdar Institute may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If the User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include Masdar Institute news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, Masdar Institute includes detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- Protection of Personal Information
Masdar Institute implements necessary technical and organizational security controls to protect your personal data against loss or misuse. Your data will be stored in a secure operating environment that is not accessible without authorization.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a secured communication channel (SSL) and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures from a trusted third party provider.
- Sharing collected information
Masdar Institute will never sell or trade personally-identifiable information which Users voluntarily provide or that has been collected from their computer or devices to other institutions, non-profit organizations, or businesses unless one or more of the following conditions apply:
o Masdar Institute has the User’s consent to share the information.
o Masdar Institute is sharing such information in response to legal requests.
Anonymous or aggregated information such as generic demographic information which does not identify the User personally, may be collected, used or shared by Masdar Institute for any purpose with Masdar Institute business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers.
Masdar Institute may share your personal information with agents, contractors or partners of Masdar Institute in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for or with Masdar Institute. These agents, contractors or partners are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for Masdar Institute, or for the collaboration in which they and Masdar Institute are engaged (e.g. Masdar Institute may use third party service for sending out newsletters or surveys.)
- Deleting personal Information
At the User’s request, Masdar Institute will remove from its files or databases any personal information collected through the Mobile App.
- Third party website links
The Site and Mobile App may contain links to external websites not owned by, or officially affiliated with, Masdar Institute in any way. Masdar Institute is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
We encourage Users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect.
- Applicable law
- Acceptance of the terms:
By using Masdar Institute Site or Mobile App, the User signifies his/her acceptance of this policy. The User’s continued use of the Site or Mobile App following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed to be his/her acceptance of those changes.
- Contact information: